Our team of public health nurses works closely with school communities to support health. Our program is often the first point of contact between Alberta Health Services and schools.
Our services include:
- Routine immunizations for students in grades 1–9, as part of the school immunization program
- Education and advice on immunizations and supporting a positive immunization experience
- Help with building partnerships between school communities and local health and social services
- Referrals to resources and services for students, families, and school staff
Please note that our team is not directly involved in outbreak monitoring and response. For information and support in this area, check the Guide for Outbreak Prevention and Control in Schools, or call the Coordinated Early Identification and Response team at 1-844-343-0971.
To learn more about school health nursing services available in your area, contact your nearest Public Health Office or Community Health Centre.
To find your local office:
- Dial 811 (Health Link)
- Use the AHS Find Healthcare Tool. Select “Search by Facility Type” and choose “Public Health Centres” from the drop-down menu